Abbeygate Sixth Form College is a new college in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. It provides students with high quality learning and a breadth of choice and unparalleled opportunity. Abbeygate aims to replicate the success of One Sixth Form College, an outstanding sixth form college in Ipswich which offers more than 30 A Level courses to 16–19-year-olds from across the whole of West Suffolk.
BA Systems were appointed by Wates construction to carry out the full balustrade package which included the design, supply, and installation. Our early involvement with the commercial team allowed us to provide technical support to the team at early stages of the project well in advance of the balustrade being required on site. We worked with their technical team and internally on the design details to finally propose our B20 and B10 Balustrade Systems for the project which detailed the following:
- B20 Stainless Steel and Glass Infill Balustrades to all 4 stair cores
- B10 Stainless Steel Wall Handrails to all 4 stair cores
- B20 Balustrade with no infills to stair 1 and 2 under croft
- B20 Stainless Steel and Glass Infill Balustrades to Atrium Voids on two levels
- B20 Stainless Steel and Glass Infill Balustrades to Light Well on levels 1-3
Early Design Engagement
Early engagement with the design team meant we were able to understand the project requirements well in advance of installation, minimising potential issues on site and allowing us to meet programme deadlines.